Have a fitcation!
You heard it hear first folks, a “fitcation.” It is my term used to describe the idea of using your staycation as a means to focus and improve your fitness. Now I have to admit, this staycation idea was inspired by a post from the Fit Chicks Rule blog: Take a Fitness STAYcation this Summer!
The basic idea is to capitalize and focus some downtime on your health and fitness. Some specific fitness ideas that you can do close to home:
- Explore your local bike trails
- Take a extended hike at a local state or national park
- Go canoeing or kayaking on some local rivers and lakes
- Sign up for some local 5k or 10k races. Can’t run? Find races that allow you to walk.
- Organize your own neighborhood Olympics. Meet at a school track and have competitions in various categories (I actually did this one a few years ago…it was fun!)
If you have any other “fitcation” ideas be sure to share them. The only requirement is that it be 1) Fun and 2) Healthy.
Have a fit staycation!