Staycation Ideas for Kids
The kids are out of school, you have a week of vacation and a gallon of gas costs $4.10. So what are you to do? What are some good staycation and activities for kids?
Here are some ideas my wife and I came up with (these ideas where also subsidized from Berlin’s Whimsey Blog)
- Picnic in the Park
- Go on a Bikeride
- Call your local movie theater, many of them do free movies for children in the mornings
- Visit your local children’s museums
- Go canoeing
- Public Water Play areas / parks (free!)
- Put on a carnival. We just went to a birthday party for our nephew, where his parents made the events out of everyday items and scrap wood from the garage.
- Minature Golf in the evenings
- Backyard Camping
- Play Mad Scientist with vinegar, food coloring, baking soda and other safe kitchen ingredients
- 40 Free Boredom Breakers for Kids on Summer Vacation
- Berlin’s Whimsy: Staycation Kids Summer Ideas & Activities…
Enjoy your summer staycation with the kids!